Day 1- Favorite Title
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Nominated by alliecoffeeee, so here’s ten facts about me:
1. I can count to ten in Maltese. My mother is part Maltese, that’s all she taught us about it.
2. I was put in advanced math classes after my 6th grade teacher found me reading Harry potter during basic algebra.
3. I actually read so much as a child my mother took away my books as punishment.
4. I can drive stick shift and change my own oil.
5. I started writing in middle school to impress a boy and then realized how much I adored it.
6. My favorite flavor is vanilla. No one understands.
7. I absolutely love contrast, in all things.
8. I have a geographic tongue, every time I go to the dentist everyone comes over to see. (google it, it’s totally gross)
9. I won 3rd place in the state for a math competition in 8th grade.
10. I can make quail bird calls.
if you want to understand the psyche of our generation take a good look at the stories we tell ourselves about the future
because it isn’t flying cars or robot dogs, it’s faceless government surveillance and worldwide pandemics and militarized police brutality and the last dregs of humanity struggling to survive
our generation isn’t self-centered, or lazy, or whatever else they wanna say about us. we are young, and we are here, and we are deeply, deeply afraid.
I really love villains
not in a ‘poor baby is so misunderstood’ way
in a ‘your amorality is so fascinating and delicious’ way